THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Diet & Nutrition Forum:
Topic:
Started By Jim (Yulara, NT 0872, Australia)
Started on: 10/16/2008 10:11:20 PM, viewed 2522 times
peanut butter sandwich

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does a peanut butter sandwich (just peanut butter on whole wheat bread) contain all the amino acids required for muscle growth? I′ve read that if you combine legumes with cereals you cover all your protein needs, but I was thinking that perhaps there isn′t enough peanuts in a spread of peanut butter to give you everything you need.

Any help appreciated,

jim

This Topic has 4 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 Replies:
osurfo70 (Yulara, NT 0872, Australia, U.S.A.) on 11/7/2008 11:01:50 PM

glass of milk to wash it down will do the trick

unbuff (adelaide, sa, australia) on 11/18/2010 5:15:59 AM

but how many glasses of milk and PB sandwichs do u need every day? lol

Nothing (New Orleans, LA, U.S.A.) on 11/18/2010 8:34:04 PM

It′s not what you do in one meal that matters for amino acids, but what you do all day. You can have one meal that has an incomplete AA profile, but as long as you have a couple of other meals with complete AAs, you′ll be fine. I wouldn′t sweat it as long as you′re not just eating peanut butter sandwiches all day.

Ripped (Ballston Spa, NY, U.S.A.) on 3/3/2011 12:46:45 PM

Yeah, I usually have some sort of dairy product with that. Maybe some yogurt, cottage cheese, or milk. Low fat. Works good on a cut if you spread the butter thin. But I never tried on a bulk. Also try natural almond butter and cashew butter. Good stuff!

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now