THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Supplements Forum:
Topic:
Started By perrymk (Havana, FL, U.S.A.)
Started on: 11/8/2008 11:07:47 AM, viewed 2138 times
Amino Acid Lessons Learned

In the Routines & Programs section I posted my plans on using certain supplements. Well, I′ve learned a thing or two in the past few days.

Straight amino acids can result in stomach upset. One should start slowly and gradually build up. I would suggest starting at 1 gram or so and then add 1 or 2 gram dosages throughout the day. I say this from discussions on another board as well as my recent experience.

I decided to take 20g of BCAAs and 20g of glutamine. My plan was to spread them throughout the afternoon. As I got wrapped up in my day at work I decided to down them all (40g) just before leaving. Long story short, I spent a good part of the night alternating between sitting on and kneeling at the porcelain alter. I couldn’t make it into work the next day. This was Wednesday night (it is now Saturday) and my stomach is still sensitive. This reminds me of the time my uncle had a bad egg salad sandwich; he couldn’t eat any egg salad for months. Even the thought of amino acids makes me nauseous. I will instead resort to tried and true milk to bring up my calories and protein. I have been on a reduced calorie diet for the past few months and want to increase my calories to maintenance or slightly above but with good, muscle building calories. I will continue with the M-Drol and creatine but without the amino acids for now.

To reiterate, sudden high dosages of straight amino acids can result in stomach upset.

This Topic has 1 Reply:
ttwarrior4 (Morganfield, Ky, U.S.A.) on 2/23/2009 3:13:17 AM

yes they can, i take 5 grams about an hour before i go to the gym,, usually 2 days a week

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now