THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Routines & Programs Forum:
Topic:
Started By kjkevin1 (moore, ok, U.S.A.)
Started on: 2/24/2009 12:20:07 AM, viewed 8536 times
Powerlifting Heavy Duty style

I′m gonna start keeping a log here again. I feel that I′ve been missing out on some good advice and HEAVY DUTY comrodarie (sp?). My workouts have been very sporadic lately with no real direction or plan. I have been maxing on the main lifts and have been suprised how well that is going. I will soon be trying to get back to a more planned consolidated routine.
Kevin F.

This Topic has 43 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 43 Replies:
kjkevin1 (moore, ok, U.S.A.) on 2/24/2009 12:24:13 AM

2-23-2009

squats 135x10, 225x5, 315x3, 405x1, 455x1, 500x2
Rev. grip chins bw(230)x8-2-1 Rest/pause style

Everyting feels good and form is spot on for the squats. I need a little more mental toughness though to push me thru some of the heavy squats and deadlifts. I am working on a preworkout meditation routine to help me with that and some visualization techniques at night also.
Kevin F.

HD27 (N.Falls, Ontario, Canada) on 2/24/2009 2:18:13 AM

Kevin,
Those are some BIG TIME lifts!.Great work!.I can imagine that moving that kind of iron would require a lot of mental toughness and motivation to go through that pain barrier.

I recall not to long ago you had posted on pure-hit that you were reading Paul Broduer′s book.Are his methods any different than Mike′s?.I′d be interested to see how he trains and trains his clients for powerlifting.I read that he does 1 set per week.Does he train all 3 lifts once a week or 1 lift per week?.

Thanks!

kjkevin1 (moore, ok, U.S.A.) on 2/24/2009 8:05:35 AM

Thanks for the compliment. Moving that weight does seem to have me in a psychological battle right now, much like 400 did for a long time. I really think training my mental toughness will get me over the edge on this.

I have Pauls ebook and like it very much. The basic principles of HIT are there. He gives alot of credit to Mike also. The workout in the book is like Darden meets Mentzer. Alot of exercises (15 or so) but done once per week. There are also some adjustments for 2x a week training. An important piece of info in the book, in my opinion, talks about taking a week off every 3-4 weeks to totally heal up. Paul compares this week off to a bye week in sports.

My thoughts are that I will eventually end up working out once per week, sq-bp-dl with rev. grip pulldowns replacing dl every other week. For now though its basically the athletes routine.
Kevin F.

HD27 (N.Falls, Ontario, Canada) on 2/24/2009 11:15:17 PM

Thanks for that Info Kevin.
15-20 exercises is a lot for anyone to do,let alone in 1 or 2 workouts.I thought his routines would be more powerlifting oriented and focusing more o the 3 lifts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now