THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Diet & Nutrition Forum:
Topic:
Started By jesseh (San Diego, CA, U.S.A.)
Started on: 5/29/2010 5:46:48 PM, viewed 4698 times
nutrition ideas as pioneered by Mentzer and Jones

Truthfully, I would love to know more about their nutrition ideals and if they work for you guys. I mean honestly, who wants to spend a load of money on food? Arthur said a balanced diet is all you need, and if you′re getting fat, ea less. that′s all there is to it. Mentzer gave out some info and he said 16 calories excess per day is all you need to grow. Anybody have some advice on this?

This Topic has 8 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 8 Replies:
jesseh (San Diego, CA, U.S.A.) on 5/30/2010 11:44:34 AM

Anybody? or you guys probably don′t follow their nutrition ideals?

Nothing (New Orleans, LA, U.S.A.) on 6/2/2010 8:17:06 PM

My thoughts are that Jones and Mentzer knew a lot about weight training, but never took the time to really look at diet that much. I think they tended to oversimplify it, but neither is it necessary to complicate it as much as the orthodoxy would have you think. There are factors like amount of protein that are important to muscle building. Ellington Darden is a great HIT resource that has written a lot about diet in his books over the years.

I also think Mike failed to figure the energy requirement for the body to synthesize a pound of muscle. A pound of muscle does only yield 600 calories of energy, but modern science has shown that it takes around 2500 calories to create a pound of muscle. 16 calories a day will simply not be enough for his 10 pounds of muscle in a year he said it would create.

jesseh (San Diego, CA, U.S.A.) on 6/3/2010 12:36:53 AM

ah thank you so much. I′ll definitely look into that.

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 8/11/2010 6:26:13 AM

In his earlier works, you can clearly read that Mike did, in fact, spend a lot of time studying nutrition.

One of his greatest influences came from one Ronald Deutsch and his book ′Realities of nutrition′.

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now