THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Diet & Nutrition Forum:
Topic:
Started By Ripped (Ballston Spa, NY, U.S.A.)
Started on: 6/6/2011 3:36:02 AM, viewed 4023 times
A simplified and superior dieting strategy!

Hey all,
I thought this should interest you all on this forum since we are all about seeking truth in bodybuilding science. Just like how the fitness industry continues to profit on athletes staying confused about how to train, it also continues to profit when athletes stay confused about diet. The more complicated they can make it seem the more money they can make.

When it comes to dieting for bodybuilding, Mike Mentzer seemed to offer the simplest approach I′ve ever heard of. Just eat a balanced diet and increase or decrease calories as necessary according to your goals. And I think I′d be a jerk not to tell you all that I believe I have found out about about a strategy that is much simpler and easier to follow.

The answer is intermittent fasting. I′ll save the long story of how I found out about it and just tell you the sources. Look up Martin Berkhan and Brad Pilon. Although Martin seems like he is still trying to make things a lot more complicated than they really are, he does have some great ideas, and apparently he and his clients have had some great success with his style. Brad Pilon on the other hand explains the approach to be a lot more simple and leaves out all the redundant nonsense.

To anyone interested, my advice would be to do the same as I did. Don′t prejudge. Look into the ideas with curiosity and even skepticism and only judge if it makes sense to you after you have seen the facts and scientific literature. Brad Pilon especially sites multiple studies that debunk all the common dieting myths you might have heard of. You will be shocked just as I was to find out the real deal.

So what is so special about their strategies? They offer freedom, especially Brad′s original "Eat Stop Eat" plan. You don′t have to stuff yourself to grow. You don′t have to eat when you aren′t hungry just because you think you′re supposed to. You don′t have to eat 6 meals per day. You don′t have to eat a perfect macronutrient ratio.

You can think of this as an analogy to how the masses think about training. The capitalists of the fitness industry want you to think you have to spend hours in the gym training every day and constantly searching for the perfect routine. And they don′t care if you have the same mentality when it comes to dieting, become antisocial as a result, and they don′t even care if you get the results or not, all they care about is if you keep on buying more supplements.

That′s the real deal and that′s why I know you all will like this stuff once you check it out. Just like how Mike Mentzer found out the truth of how little gym time was needed to get results, I do believe that Brad Pilon has discovered how simple a diet strategy can really be.

Anyways, I hope some of you guys check it out and like it. I′ve been trying it so far and getting good results off it. I feel more energetic, I′m still making gains, and I lost 2 lbs last week. And I did it without being fussy about my diet or depriving myself. Who would have thought that was possible?

I will mention again that I don′t believe in everything that Martin Discusses or recommends such as the supplements and high protein recommendations, but other than that he has some brilliant ideas. Brad on the other hand much more clearly makes the point that it really is a lot simpler than that and that you don′t need to be excessive compulsive about your eating strategies, in fact the opposite is true for success.

This Topic has 5 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 5 Replies:
Stevo (Perth, W.A, Australia) on 6/8/2011 12:41:40 AM

I′ve read Martin Berkhan′s stuff and have got the basic gist of it. But like you said he does over-complicate things a bit.

I haven′t read much about Brad Pilon, but have heard of him.

I tried the IF style for a while and it was a very convenient way of eating. Not having to make 3/4 meals to take to work and only needing to worry about one big meal in the evening was fantastic. All I did was made sure I got the minimum amount of protein required each day.

I would recommend people to try it.

Stevo

unbuff (adelaide, sa, australia) on 6/9/2011 3:37:24 AM

I skimmed over your enormous post and agree.

I′ve been doing I.F for about 6months now I think, and doing great. I highly recommend it. I was eating chocolate and noticed my waist increased a tad over a period of 3months, so last week i started up the cardio again (walking off days) and have almost lost what I put on...

Incredible stuff.

Ripped (Ballston Spa, NY, U.S.A.) on 6/11/2011 11:16:02 PM

So have you guys had good success getting leaner that way?

I finally decided today that from now on if I don′t feel hungry and if I don′t want to eat, I′m not going to. I′m not going to obsess over nutrient timing anymore. If I skip meals earlier in the day and get hungry later, I′ll still try to be smart about "what" I′m eating. I′ll start my meals off with a good amount of protein, vegetables, and greens, and I′ll eat my carbs from good sources last. That way I should get plenty of protein. My idea is that in doing it that way there will be days when I am more hungry than others and I will eat accordingly.

I don′t want to force myself to eat during times when I think I need to eat just because I′m supposed to. I′m done with that.

I think things will work out ok with this style. So far so good. Since I started doing HIT routines properly this year I have made gains on almost every set of every exercise of every workout. And the gains are continuing to come even though my weight hasn′t increased which signifies that I′m probably getting leaner. My bet is that as I start to lose weight from eating better, I′ll still continue to make muscle size and strength gains. Because I still have plenty of energy to get through and recover from my workouts, and I′m not abusing myself by overtraining or doing cardio in a lame attempt to lose weight faster.

Ripped (Ballston Spa, NY, U.S.A.) on 6/11/2011 11:16:05 PM

So have you guys had good success getting leaner that way?

I finally decided today that from now on if I don′t feel hungry and if I don′t want to eat, I′m not going to. I′m not going to obsess over nutrient timing anymore. If I skip meals earlier in the day and get hungry later, I′ll still try to be smart about "what" I′m eating. I′ll start my meals off with a good amount of protein, vegetables, and greens, and I′ll eat my carbs from good sources last. That way I should get plenty of protein. My idea is that in doing it that way there will be days when I am more hungry than others and I will eat accordingly.

I don′t want to force myself to eat during times when I think I need to eat just because I′m supposed to. I′m done with that.

I think things will work out ok with this style. So far so good. Since I started doing HIT routines properly this year I have made gains on almost every set of every exercise of every workout. And the gains are continuing to come even though my weight hasn′t increased which signifies that I′m probably getting leaner. My bet is that as I start to lose weight from eating better, I′ll still continue to make muscle size and strength gains. Because I still have plenty of energy to get through and recover from my workouts, and I′m not abusing myself by overtraining or doing cardio in a lame attempt to lose weight faster.

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now