THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Beginner Forum:
Topic:
Started By Ripped (Ballston Spa, NY, U.S.A.)
Started on: 6/17/2011 1:22:03 AM, viewed 3995 times
Long term results from HD training?

Hi all.
For all of you out there who have trained HD style for a long period of time, I was just wondering what kind of results you obtained and what kind of results to expect.

Personally I am still somewhat new to HD training. Sure, I′ve lifted all of my life and gained a lot of weight and strength since then. But since trying HD style things have been a lot different! It′s been over 12 weeks and so far I have made gains from workout to workout without overtraining, something that hasn′t been possible with any other type of training I have tried. And I′m doing it while spending WAY less time in the gym.

So I′m just wondering what to expect. At 200 lbs body weight I thought I had already hit my genetic potential a long time ago. But now days I have to second question that for obvious reasons. Even though I did have great results in previous years, by not training optimally I do believe I was cutting myself short of the best possible gains. Now with one workout per week, nothing is holding me back. Who knows what is possible? The sky is the limit!

This Topic has 7 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 7 Replies:
hutchison57 (summerville, pa, U.S.A.) on 6/21/2011 3:02:54 PM

40 lb of muscle over 5 years now ,more $ due to no supplements,less joint pain thanks to slower reps,more time to do things in life,no burn-out,never dreading the next work-out because i′m fully recovered,etc...

hutchison57 (summerville, pa, U.S.A.) on 6/21/2011 3:08:09 PM

as for weights used,deads 185x12-480x6,squats 125x15-325x12,curls 45x6-145x15. there are some results you get the idea,just remember and don′t listen to others MIKE WAS RIGHT!!! also don′t just add more rest days like some do with this routine.add only when you need to!i′ve been doing H.D for over 10 years (still gaining strength)and only rest 4-5 days at most.

Stevo (Perth, W.A, Australia) on 6/21/2011 8:49:50 PM

Hey hutchison57

Great results mate. You say you′ve been doing HD for 10 years and gained 40 lb of muscle over the last 5 years. Did you not gain any muscle over the first 5 years?

Cheers

hutchison57 (summerville, pa, U.S.A.) on 6/21/2011 9:12:11 PM

stevo,yes and no. did heavy duty 1 routine and made some gains but nothing to brag about.still gained better then high volume stuff which i did from age 12 to about 30 or 32.then i found out about yates and who was training him.have to admit i would change from heavy duty to other routines life power factor training ,lee labradas routins,etc,but always went back to heavy duty.gains really came with HD2.

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now