THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Beginner Forum:
Topic:
Started By mistere29 (San Antonio, 08690, U.S.A.)
Started on: 8/14/2011 4:59:58 PM, viewed 4875 times
Differences Between HD2 and HIT the MM Way

Hello everyone. I only own Heavy Duty 1 and High Intensity Training the Mike Mentzer Way. I was wondering what changes Mike made to his theory in between Heavy Duty Two and HIT the MM Way. I would assume that since HITTMMY was his last book it represents his most recent thoughts, but I have also heard that some HD lifters prefer the older HD2.

This Topic has 5 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 5 Replies:
Nothing (New Orleans, LA, U.S.A.) on 8/14/2011 9:39:37 PM

I′m in the camp that I′m not convinced much of HITMMW is something he intended to be published as it was. I think it was more put together by John Little than Mike. As for the differences in the two, they really come down to the Ideal routine:

1. HD2 has a starting frequency of just 3 days between workouts. HITMMW says to start with 4 days off.

2. HD2 has curls for biceps in the arms workout instead of the chins in HITMMW.

3. HITMMW doesn′t mention dropping the pullovers for the lats every other cycle like HD2.

4. The second leg workout in HD2 has squats for the compound movement instead of doing leg presses again.

5. HITMMW is back to saying a trainee can only expect to gain 10 lbs in a year of muscle, where HD2 made some pretty big claims of 30-40 lbs in 3-4 months.

mistere29 (San Antonio, 08690, U.S.A.) on 8/15/2011 7:24:22 AM

Did the consolidation routine change between the books? I have seen this before on websites.

Consolidation routine

Workout A

Squats
Close-grip, Palms-Up Pulldowns
rest 5-7 days

Workout B

Regular Deadlifts
Dips
rest 5-7 days

Nothing (New Orleans, LA, U.S.A.) on 8/15/2011 8:03:41 AM

The consolidation routine in HD2 was:

WO1 -
Squats, Dips, Chins

Rest something like 5 days (I can′t remember off the top of my head)

WO2 -
Deadlift, Behind the Neck Press, Calf Raise

Rest 5 days and repeat cycle.

HITMMW has the exact same consolidation routine in it. Part of the reason I doubt that Mike wrote it is that it doesn′t mention the consolidation routine you listed in your previous post.

phoenix (london, nw11, uk) on 8/15/2011 11:40:44 AM

Another point is that a few pages were a complete copy paste from hd2

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now