THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Beginner Forum:
Topic:
Started By cycotcskir (Parkville, Md, U.S.A.)
Started on: 9/20/2011 2:03:17 PM, viewed 1603 times
Adaptive Response Theotetical Question

We all get the notion of adaptive response in relation to muscle growth, cardio, suntans, and callouses.

MM always said that along with growth and progress, that recovery time would need to be extended.

Has MM, or anyone else, attempted to apply adaptive response to recovery time?

First, a brief overview of the thought. In the past, while working out with a 3 day lifting routine with the last of the 5 total sets to failure, I would feel the typical pain and stiffness, then after a week, or so, that would subside. Along with the Newfoundland tolerance of the load on the muscles, my energy and overall ability to perform would increase, despite what MM would state as overtraining.

As there is a physiological limit to my muscular growth potential, I would presume the same would follow with recovery (a minimum possible limit).

The question lies in whether or not one can "teach" or "force" a certain degree of improvement in recovery ability (duration) by taxing the resource and initiating an adaptive response that will speed the process.

I would initially suppose this would be attempted in a slow and deliberate fashion. Perhaps, starting with a 5 day for a few weeks/months, then dropping to 4 for the same, then 3. Obviously, there would be a point at which one could go no further.

Any thoughts?

This Topic has 2 Replies: Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 Replies:
cycotcskir (Parkville, Md, U.S.A.) on 9/21/2011 11:06:57 AM

Embarrassing, I just saw how the title was written. Sorry, I′m posting via cell phone.

Theoretical!!!

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 9/23/2011 12:31:43 AM

Maybe you′ve build a certain "tolerance" for high-intensity exercise stress, or maybe your recovery ability has improved. Mike stated that while your strenght has the potential to increase by 300% or so, your recovery ability can only increase by about 50%. I wouldn′t push it, though.

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now