THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Beginner Forum:
Topic:
Started By FS275 (Mandeville, La., U.S.A.)
Started on: 11/21/2012 2:38:20 AM, viewed 10373 times
Perfect HIT

http://www.crossfitfiveflags.com/uploads/5flags/image/front_squat.jpg

^ The Front Squat is as my opinion currently stands THE single best exercise in existence. The back squat is a very close second its just not as intense as the weight is supported by vertebrael compression whereas in the front squat its totally muscular (traps, delts, lats, pecs & most of all abs). In fact, beleive it or not I′ve gotten more overall upper body growth from Front Squats then I ever have w/ as much as 100lb heavier deadlifts, which on the surface totally contradicts logic.

IMO the near perfect free weight (I have no access to nautilus machines, nor do I really want any) routine is as follows:

Front Squat 1x5 (preceded by 3 progressive warmup sets)
barbell curl 1x3

^ Thats it. Each done to absolute, quivering, nauseating, breathless failure no more than 1x wk in no more than 8 wk cycles followed by at least 4 wks of sitting on your ass doing absolutely nothing the least bit physically intensive, except banging a hot big girl of your choice.

An adequate protein intake of around 1gr per lb of bw is a must. It wouldn′t hurt to add arginine, carnitine, creatine, dhea & phenibut (on w/out days).

This Topic has 36 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 36 Replies:
FS275 (Mandeville, La., U.S.A.) on 11/21/2012 1:30:25 PM

In hindsight to be totally honest deadlifts W/THE USE OF LIFTING STRAPS done exactly as described ^ above will IMO provide as much or maybe even more upper body development than front squats. Some purists despise the use of straps & look on they′re use as cheating which is why I omitted this in my previous post.

FS275 (Mandeville, La., U.S.A.) on 11/21/2012 1:39:40 PM

To clarify: If your stupid enough to buy into the bullshit & contemplate using steroids...DON′T. All they do is at the least is shutdown your enogenous testosterone production which requires months or even years to totally recover from & at the worst eventually if you persist - Kill You.

I′ve used pretty much everything there is and I didn′t get shit out of it exept near fatal blood clots which I still have 4 yrs later & will for the rest of my life.

Squats & Deadlifts (w/ straps) have packed waaaay more muscle on my body than any illegal drug ever has or will. Creatine & Arginine/Carnitine will, in all honesty, help a helluva lot though in recovery.

Marko (Saint John, nb, Canada) on 11/21/2012 6:28:56 PM

Very interesting.... I might switch to front squats...or at least try them...do you do them with your elbows up in front of your face or another style?? I′m alternating between deads and squats once per week..deads really separate the boys from the men.

FS275 (Mandeville, La., U.S.A.) on 11/21/2012 10:50:41 PM

I really wish this great little humble board had an edit feature as I would have used STRAPPED deads instead of front squats. If your using straps I′d go w/ deads. Unless you′ve got really strong hands your grip is going to fail way before you delivered enough fatigue through deadlifting for deads to beat front squats. Those few seconds spent allowing your grip to rest enough to complete another rep also allow the muscles fatigued through deadlifting to recover enough greatly diminish the results. I honestly beleive those 10 seconds are that important beleive it or not.

Front squats have a somewhat long learning curve (they did for me at least). Paul Anderson broke his wrist catching the bar in hole when he first started olympic lifting. He used thick wrist wraps thereafter. Deads can simply be dropped once failure is reached.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now