THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Healthy Recipes Forum:
Topic:
Started By B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands)
Started on: 12/12/2012 2:20:58 AM, viewed 2172 times
Homemade meal replacement powder

I′m currently experimenting with a homemade meal replacement drink.

This is my recipe:

40 gr of oatmeal powder (Quaker natural rolled oats, mixed to powder in a blender);

30 gr of skim milk powder;

2 gr of maltodextrin with artificial sweetner(s);

250 ml of cold water.

Start by blending the rolled oats to a powder, then add the skim milk powder and the sweetner and mix them together in the blender. Now you can put the meal replacement powder in a food storage container or in a shake bottle for later use.

To consume it, add cold water, shake it thoroughly and... voilą: it′s ready to drink!

Cheap, easy to make and nutritious.

Of course you can also add other ingredients and/or replace the skim milk powder with a good protein powder, but my goal is to make my own meal replacement drinks for in between the traditional three solid food meals from relatively cheap ingredients that you can buy in a regular supermarket anywhere.

This Topic has 6 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 6 Replies:
B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 12/12/2012 4:16:30 AM

To keep the same (chosen) ratio of ingredients (oats:milk powder:sweetner) when storing larger quantities of the meal replacement powder, I think it′s wise to first make individual portions one after another and then put those portions al together in a bottle or food storage container.

Stevo (Perth, W.A, Australia) on 12/14/2012 9:23:02 AM

Hey B-WINE. I do something similar except I just put 1 cup of skim milk, 1/2 a cup of rolled oats and 1/2 cup of blueberries in the blender and drink it in between meals. I sometimes add 1/2 cup of frozen egg whites too.

Stevo

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 12/15/2012 9:10:24 AM

Sounds great!

My recipe is ideal for traveling, since you can take it with you in a dry form and add water or skim milk later, so it won′t get so thick and slimey after a whole day on the road or so. Also, you don′t have to cool it. Just add cold water and you have a cold beverage.

Stevo (Perth, W.A, Australia) on 12/15/2012 9:18:28 AM

Yes that is a very good point B-WINE. In powder form you can take it anywhere and whenever you want just add water. Great idea!

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now