THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3432

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Routines & Programs Forum:
Topic:
Started By andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.)
Started on: 8/31/2014 12:05:05 PM, viewed 1896 times
Weekly workouts

I workout weekly but do each individual exercise only every three weeks.
If I only workout every two to three weeks then I seem to lose my oomph!
But weekly or. I-weekly as an example shrugs and chins suffer unless I do them every three weeks.
So one workout is trap bar squatting and dips.....next week shrugs and chins.....then maybe shrugs again and push-ups with feet elevated.
Well it′s different and not so taxing on the body.
Still basically the athletes routine just rotating lifts so they don′t get boring and stale....stale being the biggest hurdle

This Topic has 1 Reply:
blues1 (Philly, Pa., U.S.A.) on 12/7/2014 6:13:24 PM

Dont be concerned if you have to add some Not to Failure workouts between to failure workouts.

Its possible to fry your central nervous system before your muscles. You can be burned out with your CNS before your muscles.

When ever I tried going to every 10-14 days with the 2 set routine my progress was not good. I lost my oomph!

I read some things from someone who knew Mike. He commented that Mike was understanding the pits falls of extended days with the consolidation.

Also what I was talking about burning out your cns before you muscles. Also the role of cumulative fatigue.

In public he was not ready to change his theory of there is only one valid theory.

Remember a theory is not a fact,its a theory.

Arthur Jones used NTF workouts when people could not recovery enough. So if you could only handle going to failure every 14 days,he had you stop a few reps before failure between to failure workouts.

At the end of Jones life he told a few people that he would recommend 2 x a week. One to failure and one NTF.

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now