THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Advanced Forum:
Topic:
Started By andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.)
Started on: 9/16/2014 8:43:03 AM, viewed 1004 times
Training a friend

Good morning,
I did some work for a friend of mine back in April of this year and he was asking me how I worked out. We started talking but I needed to get to work, so it ended up thin air.
Anyway two weeks ago he called because he joined a gym but remembered our little talk and asked if I′d teach him. He quit the gym contract and so far we′ve done one workout together, I lift on Sunday mornings so he was asking is that all?!

We are just doing my variation of the athletes routine, trap bar squats, dips, chins, push-ups.
Only two of those exercises each week, one set each. Basic bare bones. It′s has worked for me, it′ll work for him.
Any tips you guys may have is appreciated, he′s obviously new to this kind of lifting, but he′s not a puss either.
If I think of anything more I′ll post
Thanks for lostening

This Topic has 4 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 Replies:
andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 9/21/2014 2:39:10 PM

My buddy likes the workout, especially only lifting once a week for several minutes at best. Already though some of his friends are telling him it′s suspicious and won′t work.
On e of his pals wants to come over, but I said "no", I don′t need the hassle, and I don′t need to prove anything either

andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 9/28/2014 3:45:26 PM

Today was our third workout with me showing the workout. When he left he was feeling it, and it was a good workout for him.
The big trick is learning to do a set as controlled as possible and when that last rep or two when most quit, you give all you have left is a learning process. Once you understand though you can do any type of lifting. It′s that learning curve that′s probabl the most to deal with.

blues1 (Philly, Pa., U.S.A.) on 10/7/2014 4:08:53 AM

Hi andyr

Hows the trap bar squats going?

Its good to have someone to train with.

andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 10/7/2014 9:47:58 AM

Good morning blues1,
Trap bar lofting is the best exercise I have ever found, thanks.
My friend is getting used to them, and I have cut mine back to once every three weeks, otherwise they just take too much out of me. My back doesn′t get worn out now like when I did them weekly. Also I do shrugs on the workouts in between

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now