THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3413

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Beginner Forum:
Topic:
Started By sam03 (liverpool, L12 0PY, United Kingdom)
Started on: 1/25/2015 9:04:26 AM, viewed 1106 times
Tight Hamstrings

Hello,

I went to see a physio′ about knee pain on the inner side of the joint. She told me I have tight hamstrings and that when I squat, they are not helping as they should, giving the quadriceps too much work and causing pain.

I agree with her, so now I′m trying to figure-out the best way to get mobility there. The problem is this situation is one where I could lose the plot and start doing stretching all the time and go back to the overtraining habits Mike warned against.

I′ve never read Mike commenting on tight hamstrings. It′s odd, I have great mobility elsewhere, the physio thought I was borderline hypermobile. I can do very deep Front Squats easily.

So far I′m doing hamstring stretches with my leg on a table, leaning forward and feeling the stretch. I′ve also been trying to do Good-Mornings (can′t do them yet) and using golf balls under my feet. I′m also doing calf raises because I never train calves directly and I suspect they are tight too.

What would you suggest?
Thanks.

This Topic has 1 Reply:
Heavy_Duty_HITman (Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A.) on 1/12/2019 2:09:12 PM

I would recommend good mornings, romanian deadlifts, and stiff legged deadlifts to increase strength/mass in hamstrings while getting a stretch under load. Second replace squat with box squats where you sit back more and pause on the box alternate that with leg presses with feet high the platform.

Let me know if this works and helps fix your problem.

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now