THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3432

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Routines & Programs Forum:
Topic:
Started By andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.)
Started on: 2/22/2015 9:08:01 PM, viewed 1911 times
Suggested reps

Have any of you here on this board had good results with the suggested reps on say the say consolidated or athletes routine, or have you had to tweak them a bit to suit you?
Most exercises like chins and dips, the routine of no less than eight and no more than ten.....that′s kind of my groove. Squats I need at leat 12 -15 with 15 pushing it.
Deadlifts: doing only five to eight doesn′t work, but 9, 10, or eleven and twelve are on the money.if I was to only do 5-8 reps the weight would have to be too heavy.

This Topic has 5 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 5 Replies:
andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 2/26/2015 6:54:58 PM

Here′s a surprise that I noticed just now after my lifting.
It was my trap bar squat day, but I didn feel like doing fifteen reps or so with 315 just because holding that weight for that many reps takes its toll. So instead I made the weight 335 and did as many clean solid reps with that. Well I got eight solid reps and I use 35′s not 45′s so I can go lower in the descent.
What′s cool though is when I looked at my logbook I noticed that the last similar squat work like this was 265 x 9 reps just 3 months ago, and the log notes show that it was rough using smaller sized plates and going full range
Nice, I went up 70 lbs in strength in three months!!!
I must be stronger 👍

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 3/2/2015 6:19:47 AM

I prefer doing the original recommendation of 6-8 reps per exercise, maybe 10 at the most. My muscles respond better to lower reps, performed very strictly. Doing 10 reps of standing calf raises is the most my calves can take -- 12-20 would be serious overkill!

andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 3/2/2015 10:48:49 AM

B-Wine
Since I am basically starting a new cycle I will set ten reps as my guideline. It will be interesting to see my results, besides it′s easier to stay strict on ten reps to failure than it is on fifteen.
Keeping a 300 plus lbs barbell off the floor continuously for fifteen reps takes its toll

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 3/3/2015 6:08:41 AM

Good luck!

Page: 1 | 2 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now