THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3409

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
Routines & Programs Forum:
Topic:
Started By andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.)
Started on: 6/20/2015 11:20:08 PM, viewed 1039 times
Negatives and the deadlift

While doing deadlifts using a straight bar, should the negative be emphasized?
I suppose what I am asking is the rep cadence the same as other exercises 2-2-4?
Thanks
Andy

This Topic has 3 Replies: Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 Replies:
andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 6/21/2015 11:20:30 AM

I just read in "muscles in minutes" and Mike says to lower it under control. That′s how I′ve always done them as I would never drop the weight. I was just wondering if maybe accentuating the negative would be ok, or too depletive or whatever.
Dropping the weight as I′ve seen guys do seems like such a waste, as that is 2/3 of muscle building effort gone to waste

B-WINE (Maastricht, Limburg, Netherlands) on 6/24/2015 6:39:33 AM

I′d say lower under strict control, and never drop the weight.

Also, when doing dips, when you can′t get another full-range positive rep, lower under control for another negative rep. Some people stop after their last full-range postive rep, but I always do at least one more -- partial -- postive rep, followed by a very slow negative rep, and then stop.

Same goes for standing calf raises.

Heck, I even did one more negative rep when I did my squats in a power rack: after I couldn′t get another full-range postive rep, I lowered the bar slowly until it rested on the rack pins, and then crawled away from under the bar.

andyr (los alamitos, ca, U.S.A.) on 6/24/2015 8:10:57 PM

Nice 👍

To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now