THIS SITE IS AGGRESSIVELY MODERATED READ RULES & PURPOSE ON GENERAL BOARD BEFORE POSTING
Login
- or -
Register

All Forums

Total Members: 3417

Forums moderator - Forum Admin
info@highintensity.net

The Message from Forum Admin (moderator)

Search Topics:  
General Forum:
Topic:
Started By Muskoka (Toronto, on, canada)
Started on: 4/21/2004 9:30:00 AM, viewed 4607 times
Asprin and Intensity

First let me say you guys have all been very inspirational and provided me with a wealth of trianing knowledge over the past few months.

Now the thought: I was recently on another board (about natural bodybuilding) and a couple of the (self proclaimed) HITters there were talking about how they take an Asprin or two and hour before they work out. They said it allows them to push out a couple of extra reps then normal because they can′t feel the pain. I′m assuming they meant pain as in the burning as the lactic acid builds up, not the pain from working through an injury or doing an excersise incorrectly.

Have any of you guys tried this? It seems to make sense because if our brains can′t feel the pain as much, it is easier for us mentally to keep pushing through with maximum intensity. I′m wonderring if reaching positive failure is not only due to momentary muscular failure, but also partly due to our brain′s unwillingness to fight through the pain. If we cut the brain′s resistence out of the equasion, can we reach new levels? Thoughts?

This Topic has 22 Replies: Displaying 1 - 4 out of 22 Replies:
Ferrari (Gatineau, QC, Canada) on 4/21/2004 9:49:38 AM

I don′t know about the pain factor but aspirin thins the blood. This could allow it to flow faster and easier through pumping muscles.

NeuroMass (Gatineau, QC, Canada, Philippines) on 4/21/2004 10:05:32 PM

Firstly I don′t agree with SUPPLEMENTING aspirin in training. Aspirin may look HARMLESS to many but it not only acts as a BLOOD THINER w/c is very dangerous if you have a LOW BLOOD PLATELET count but also bad if you have cuts and bruises. Moreover it also THINS the stomach and intestinal linings and could cause ULCERS. Anyway if what they′re after was to produce an effect of a delayed onset of LACTIC ACID in the muscles so that they could continue to do MORE reps then the BEST alternative is to drink a SODIUM BICARBONATE(baking soda) solution before training. It acts as a BLOOD BUFFER by controlling blood acidity (blood pH). This also PROVES my theory about doing LOWER REPS (TUL). To prevent excess lactic acid build-up without compromising MUSCLE OVERLOAD low reps set is MORE EFFICIENT. PEACE.

HD_Latino (Corona, NY, U.S.A.) on 4/21/2004 10:30:41 PM

Hey guys,

Finally an original and never before spoken topic.I find the above posts very intresting. Many of you know I think highly of Steve( the canadian trainer) I sent him the link to this post.

Anyways I want to thank Muskoka, Ferrari and NeuroMass for the info. Its great.

HD_Latino (Corona, NY, U.S.A.) on 4/21/2004 10:31:36 PM

Muskoka what is that other HIT board you mentioned?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
To Post Your Reply:
Please Login :
E-Mail:
Password:
Remember me next time
or, Register Now
and enjoy FREE Membership
with Highintensity Fan Club!
Register Now